The Knoxville Area Urban League is authorized to operate as a postsecondary education institution by the Tennessee Higher Education Commission (THEC). Detailed job placement and completion information on the programs offered by the Knoxville Area Urban League are available at THEC. Click on Authorized Institutions and Data.
In some cases, student fees may be waived. Credits do not transfer. For more information about transfer of credits, see the Transferability of Credit policy. Pre-registration is required for all classes.
Workforce Program Classes:
East Tennessee Collaborative Program
- The Knoxville Area Urban League, a partner agency under the United Way of Greater Knoxville collaborative effort, is dedicated to helping individuals and families achieve financial self-sufficiency through the East Tennessee Collaborative program.
- Program Goal: Reduce poverty, increase economic opportunity pathways, and enhance social supports.
- Program Supports: Workforce training and classes are available on Eventbrite, CLICK HERE to register for classes.
- Please note that class hours may vary on holidays, so we recommend checking our schedule for updates.
- You can set up a free account if you want to track your progress and earn a free certificate.
- You do not have to have an account to access the free online training and learn at your own pace.
- Free online platform offering courses from leading experts.
- Courses are categorized into the following areas: IT, Language, Sales & Marketing, Management, Health, Business, Engineering & Construction, Personal Development and Teaching & Academics.
- Classes range from entry level to advanced, leading to certificate or diploma options.
- You can take courses for free without an account.
- To earn a certificate or diploma with Alison, you need to
- 1)Create an account
- 2) Pay a fee (fees vary).
- The Start Smart Workforce Program may provide financial assistance for certificate costs, based on your eligibility as a participant.
- Learn without limits on our educational platform.
- Build skills with online courses, certificates, and degrees from top universities and companies.
- Achieve your educational goals, such as:
- Enhancing job skills
- Gaining new knowledge
- Mastering specific skills
- Earning professional certificates
- Earning university-issued certificates and degree credits
- Pursuing bachelor's or master's degrees.
- Explore a variety of free courses to enhance your career readiness and job market potential.
- The Start Smart Workforce Program, based on eligibility, may provide financial assistance specifically for certificate costs.
Financial Education Class
This class will teach personal and family budgeting, saving money and the importance of credit.
Co. Starters Class
The 10-week training program is for entrepreneurs at all stages.
Participants discuss business concepts and learn through a collaborative process with a small group of entrepreneurs and guest speakers.